Benvenuto! (Welcome!) to our job board.
Roots in the Boot is growing and we’re looking for dedicated researchers, research assistants, and support staff to join our famiglia. This is a new job board and it’s still under construction so please excuse the “bare bones” appearance in the meantime. Grazie! Here are our current openings:
- Researcher, Level 1, U.S. records
- Researcher, Level 1, Italian records (civil)
(Residents of the Salt Lake City, Utah region — or residents of other U.S. regions with an ability to travel — strongly encouraged to apply)
- Researcher, Level 2, Italian records (civil and/or church)
- Researcher, Level 3, Italian records (civil, church, riveli, military, misc.)
On-site Researchers (Residents of Italy only at this time)
- Researcher, Level 2, Italian records, civil and/or church (On-site research. Various provinces, regions)
– Digital family tree expert (primarily ancestry.com trees)
– Family heritage book expert (kind of like digital scrapbooking, only with family trees. Contact us for more details if you’re interested.)
– Graphic designer (various projects, web and print)
Notes on the above positions:
- Salary: DOE
- Hours: All positions are part time (as needed), unless otherwise specified, but most have the potential to become full time.
- How to apply: send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good fit, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Aliza Giammatteo. Please put the title of the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
Qualifications for research positions:
Several years of advanced genealogy experience (and appropriate language skills for foreign records, or an ability to learn) are preferred.
But with all Roots in the Boot research positions, careful attention to detail, a passion for meaningful family story-gathering/telling, and a commitment to excellence take precedence over all other traits/skills.
Candidates with those qualities are strongly encouraged to apply, even if they don’t yet meet all the position requirements. We are willing to train (to a reasonable degree) any candidates who are committed to learning and providing the level of quality service that Roots in the Boot is known for.